Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hot warm days

Our weather has finally warmed up and of course we are not used to it and neither are the animals. The poor rabbits take it hard so I must take off some more wool for them tomorrow. We give them frozen milk jugs and their cages and covered with tarps but it is still really hot for them in their hot fur Coates.
The wool I dyed with honeysuckle turned out to be a real pretty bright yellow. I will post pictures soon. I have been plying some lovely wool from Aurelia wool and weaving it is beautiful shades of pink , a slight sparkle and a touch of tan. I hope to get it done soon so I can go and try out my new loom. I have the makings of a scarf on the warp for my first project.
I am trying my luck at socks with some nice wool I spun and dyed last fall with marigolds and I am also casting on stitches to try my first took. So wish me luck.

No comments: