Monday, December 03, 2007

Snow snow and more snow then rain rain and more rain it is over 24 hours since they have plowed our roads. Watching the bus try to get down the hill from they highway and then make the turn on the bridge made me age 10 years it was awful. I think they have forgotten us out here.
It took us hours to dig out the animals and gates as soon as it was day break we went out. I am absolutely knackered and my arms are sore. Isn't it funny when you write about the moment it just does not seem to be as dramatic as when you are dealing with it but just so you get it, it was bloody awful.
Have a safe evening keep dry and stay off the roads.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness that is a lot of snow! Oh how I love snow ..... as long as I don't have to shovel it or drive in it. Hmmm, maybe I just like looking at it!
I love the photos. Your camera is taking great photos.
Miss you lots. xoxo

Silk said...

hi neighbour... i know just how ya feel... my belly hurt...used muscles i didn't know i had... had Chad and Daniel out to dig us out. they were both soaked to the skin...of course Larry was upset he couldn't get out there...don't want to go out there this morning.. see ya silk

cyndy said...

wow, you really got "dumped on"!
Get out the epsom salts and take a warm bath after the dig out!

sure looks pretty though...

Gail from Surrey said...

The rain has washed away all of our "white stuff", here on the coast. Hope you are resting by doing something fibrey.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a lot of snow,it looked so beautiful and Christmassy though.One yr we plan to come back for a white Christmas!I think we will go out with my brother on his boat for a sail on Christmas day,it will probably be 100f in the shade and all the food will be crispy from the heat.We can all laugh about how weird it is to celebrate Christmas in the sun.Have a wonderful fun filled Christmas. Love Jane