Friday, February 02, 2018


Exciting times.

Our first sheep are in the plans! We have made some plans with the farm where they are coming from and a date for pick up is being scheduled. Pretty this much depends on my husband because he must drive ~ it will be this month.

Then it will be making plans with the second farm and this will be done once lambing has started. These ewes will with fibre in mind. It will be nice to have our own fibre again as it is quite costly purchasing fleece for a project.

I do not think I am ready for night time barn checks I can really do without that. Man, sometimes I am so tired and cold walking across the yard in the middle of the night. I can actually feel sorry for myself.

I must do a bit work to get ready for more sheep. The girls I have now are pretty content, they do their own thing. Plus, my Ram is very sweet in an asshole kind of way. Yesterday he flew around the feeder to get my son. And, when I do separate him it will have to be a steal fence. Yah he’s that kind of guy.
 A larger herd will definitely take some creative thinking on how to feed the hay for the rest of winter.

Today we warmed up to five above, sunny and blue skies.

No comments: