Friday, February 09, 2018


Yesterday I started raking pine needles in the garden in the parts where there is no ice or snow. I have seen way worse pine needles over the years but man oh man is there a lot of cleaning to be done. We are in the craziest weather pattern we go from six above to minus six to rain then onto a full-blown snowstorm. Then it finds sunshine.
 Now we are down to minus ten this morning.

On Saturday we are heading out to get our first load of sheep so here’s to fingers crossed for good traveling with a trailer. I wish I could wave a magic wand and they were delivered here. It is so hard for us to plan and organize a trip with Allan’s work schedule and I just can’t pull off driving a truck and trailer.

 Winter just adds on hard work.

If all goes as planned we will be picking up fourteen ewes, five lambs, one bottle ram, one Nigerian doe and kid, and four quail. There are eleven ewes still to lamb between the end of February through to May. I hope they wait until it warms up.





No comments: