Thursday, February 01, 2018


Icy farming, it is so slippery it’s crazy. As long, as we don’t go down it should be all fine.

 This morning the barn yard was on alert.

The Alpaca was literally screaming I have never heard this from him before. The alert signal for us is usually a nice whistle but not this morning. This in turn triggers off the dogs whom I had not let off yet for the day. Usually first thing dogs are off for the day doing their dog things checking everything they missed in the night.




We are having a hell of a time keeping the neighborhood dogs off our property. We are fenced pretty good but there seems to be two that are relentless. I do not want our dogs mixing ~ no neighborhood friendships, our dogs do not even need to know they have friends in the hood. It is a constant fence walk. I know it can be hard to keep it under control but man some days.I know it's hard because I have to keep ours home too.

It will be all okay as long as nothing touches the sheep.

 Poor Ewes seriously are sitting ducks out there between dogs and coyotes it is crazy. If it is a cougar game over, we have little control they always seem to win.
 It is the same with bears it is hard to keep them out if they want in.

February is going to be a busy month between dentist appointments and doctor visit for on of the kids. Calendar is filling I am sharing a vehicle with one of my daughters right now, so everything must be written so we don’t overlap who needs the truck.

March will be here so quickly and then it is Spring clean up time. I sure do hope it is clean under all this ice and snow.

No comments: