Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Good Morning

Good Morning
Isn't it funny how the days pass and you really don't notice until there is a big change. Like this morning I have been up since 4am it is now nearly 6am and it is still dark outside a few weeks ago it would have bright with the sun shining and last night during our walk there was such a strong smell of pine needles that were all covering the road. Fall is definitely in the air, there is something special about Fall the pine needle smells, every now and again the faint smell of smoke from wood chimneys as the temperature changes. Chores change from getting ready for winter, planning changes at the barn (that would be the reason for not sleeping again). There is a very good feeling to having a wood shed full of wood cut for winter, the barn full of hay, the grain bin full and the worry of water not so strong in one's mind.
I am winning in my house renovation we are putting our two youngest boys in a room together it does seem we are going back a few steps because all our children had their own room. However now we can take the wall down that made our dining room into the 7th bedroom and open up our house again and it give it a nicer feeling. I will add I am not sure I have actually mentioned all these details to my husband but I am sure he is cluing in :) I do hope to have it done one day when he just comes home from work at supper. I did talk about it in general and I have learned don't wait just do it like for instance the lovely new loft bed with the twin bed underneath it for the boys that my brother and law and son's put together while my husband was at work. All done when he got home and no work for him:)It is a good thing he loves me. Well on that note off to conquer the day. Have a productive day

No comments: