Thursday, September 07, 2006

Back to routine

Well school has started, hockey has started, 7 lunches a night has started and all seems well. The kids seem to have adjusted okay they were all a little nervous the first day but they met up with friends, wore new clothes and are trying to accept some of their teachers think they are GOD.
My renovations are down it looks quite nice but my goodness what a lot of work to do with one job you mess up three rooms and I had three jobs on the go so you can imaging the mess. I really hate to paint I have decided it is a lot like labor once it has started you can't stop you just have to push ahead to get it finished but when it is finished there is such satisfaction.
We have gone down to the auction sold 5 goats, 4 roosters and at the same time sold our 14 laying hens and three banty hens to our neighbor.
My Angora rabbits are due for a hair cut so it is time to work on getting the fibre off. My two Giant Angora X's have beautiful fibre and I can't wait to shear them and spin it. With the three breeds of Angora that I have I find the Giant x German are easiest to work with, then French and then the English. The English is very, very fine and I find it hard to control but they are beautiful rabbits and very friendly. I find my English Angora Does are my best mom's.
I have to run now because I just thought I might not have turned off the barn water.

No comments: