Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11

Five years ago everyone of has a story of how we heard, what we were doing, how we felt,and today we relive every emotion and we get that same sick feeling of not being able to make it go away. My heart goes out to everyone I truly believe no one in this whole world was left untouched. I wish you all peace and happiness.
Today was a crazy day at 9:20am my mom phoned me that my miniature pony who is not up to my knees was up on our top property laying on her back with her feet in the air. My dad found her when he was looking for our crazy ungrateful cow. I went out and I started to walk her but before that I had to find a halter, so on went a goat rope halter (which is useless) and I continued to walk her till 2pm. As soon as we would stop she would lay down and roll and again she would look just like she was dead. I had to cancel my appointment to meet someone, phone my husband to come home early so he could go to hockey for me and the walking would be easy for 41/2 hours if I did not have to drag her and pull the whole way now all I have is a sore back and sore knees but a live horse. At 2pm as soon as my husband drove in the driveway with the logging truck I put her in the shade and she smelt the water dipped her lips in it and tried to eat grass. I honestly thought she would not make it but she is standing however she is very tired looking.
I did go to hockey and when I was gone a huge pine tree that had been killed by bugs fell down and just missed our chicken house NO WIND! Which then scared Donkey who tried to run through the wire fence and made the dogs go crazy. Then later on out of the blue, down comes the crazy cow bellering on top of her lungs and still has the fire in her eyes of fear so we move goats around open gates and now she is in the corral. Our property if fenced for goats and sheep not crazy red headed cows. So we will tip toe around until she settles. Then my oldest son takes the old truck that we are going to restore for a drive down to the river to look at a large spawning Salmon and breaks down so he is late for hockey or late for the time the coach would like them there, not a good thing on the night of the first cuts. Now I am waiting for my oldest son to come home to see if he made the first cuts of the team. All of that today so no knitting, no spinning except the spinning I did before I woke the kids at 6am. I had great plans but I will do them tomorrow. Have a wonderful day, be thankful for your families and count your blessings. Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow - never a dull moment at your place!! I hope the miniature horse is okay and that the crazy cow isn't sick either! Keep us updated. :)