Sunday, January 28, 2018


A productive day

Today was full of energy. The whole barn is clean it is such a good feeling to get that done. It was not overly messy, but it can always use cleaning. I locked up my little buddies as they were way too much help. Locking them up made them quite unhappy but I couldn’t chance the Alpaca to get them. I had to keep opening and closing the gate on the barn which makes for extra work but again Alpaca had his own agenda. Our Alpaca is a bit of handful…




I was making plans to make some changes with the pens and really, I should have done it years ago. A little higher fence area and an extra piece of wood on the bottom so the babies stay with the right mom. I need a new latch on the gate that was broken from an uptight lamb. Every lambing / kidding year I always want to make a warmer barn and may nights while waiting up all night I dream of doing this. And, then reality is the next season I am making the same plans all over again.

Then I headed over to the drying shed where we dry the lavender. I started to take the bundles of lavender down and put them into boxes. These boxes of bundled lavender and now brought into the house and shall completely dry. This will help take out an moisture that was picked up from the winter air. Then it is debudding time. I hope to get this last part of process done before May depending how long it takes to draw out the moisture.

This weekend all the children, grandchildren and family were home which was very nice, and we had a nice dinner for my dad his birthday is on Wednesday he will be eighty-two. We ate a wonderful supper at Mom and Dad’s and enjoyed some good visits.

No comments: