Wednesday, January 17, 2018

It's raining outside over a good lot of snow which makes ice.

Crazy weather I tell you ~
I read BC mountains are to see the most snow of the entire planet. I wonder if it will happen?

I mentioned our new adventure 
Sheep



Well it is not so new as we have always had sheep and goats but now we will get serious.
Last night I had contacted a lady that I know she has Texel sheep.
 I have acquired some information from her and we will see how lambing goes and I hope to purchase a few Ewes in the Spring. Last night I googled Texel sheep, checked them out. I was enjoying learning more about them when suddenly, the computer decided to shut down right during it all. 

My other source of sheep is going to come from my neighbor across the river she breeds with fibre in mind first then meat. I am quite excited to purchase from her stock as I have always admired her farming, fibre ethnics.

So, we hope to raise twenty-four ewes plus two rams. 
We are in setting money aside mode for the sheep we have a few months to have it arranged. I have family on board for this venture (mainly my husband) usually he doesn't know what I am doing on the farm but since I will need his driving ability, his money and his blessing... I mentioned it to him.

We want to farm but still be able to do somethings take a day to go away or go over night to visit with our children plus we still have a lovely mortgage for a bit. 
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we have it figured out in the next three years so when the bulk of bills is under control (we) my husband can take it a little slower, less crazy hours.


No comments: