Saturday, January 20, 2018

The best thing I ever did is buy a treadmill this past summer. 

I love to walk if I have time I could walk all day. I loved to walk to town but seriously it sucks up the whole day and I would never get anything done on those days. 
One thing with the treadmill I don't have to worry about dodging snakes, worms and road kill. I don't have to worry about bears and cougars. I don't have to hit the ditch every once and while because someone doesn't see you or worry about being spread with mud and water from the big trucks. One of the worst moments was a complete dust bath and not being able to see or breath from a low bed.
 Yet even with all of that I do miss the moments of feeling complete, the feeling of an accomplishment and feeling of freedom. 
I walk damn near every day for an hour and at the most two and bit hours ~ any more than that I would no get any work done.
 Since I bought the machine the only days I have not walked on it where when I was in Alaska or visiting our son. The odd day if we were off on day trip or on some days our grandchildren stay longer to visit. I can count under two hands how many days I missed. 
I just put on my head phones super loud and listen to all kinds of music. 

I must teach myself to not feel guilty about doing the walk, it is kind of ingrained in me I need to be constantly working ~ not being idol. So, if I can I will walk during the lunch hour and in the evening after my husband calls it a night. I will also take the dogs to the top of property for a walk. 
One other problem is all this walking makes me damn hungry ~ it's terrible.
Seriously I think everyone should have one. 
Just walk
Go on do it~ it is so good for a soul


No comments: