Thursday, January 18, 2018

Six above and pouring rain in the middle of January, we are having super crazy weather. My daughter had her daycare children out playing in their yard this morning and had all four seasons in an hour. And, here on the farm we have over an ankle-deep amount of water sitting on a foot of snow and it is sure making it icy. The good thing about this mild weather is I am not fighting with ice in the water troughs and the animals can enjoy their time with drinking the water.

Our son is setting up the wildlife camera today we are hoping to see if we can find the reason to what is setting the dogs up. There has been a lot of sightings of cougars, lynx and bobcats in our area. Every time the dogs go crazy at night my stomach drops and I just pray it’s not a wild cat after the sheep. Poor sheep are really, just sitting ducks out there.

My new project is wool felting a rug made with one hundred percent sheep’s wool. I started with wet felting and now have moved onto needle felting. I am using an unbelievable amount of woo land it is a thick squishy mass of wool right now. I love to use fibre of the animals it is such pure, honest way to make items. The animals love to hand over the fibre, they feel lighter and way better and for me to use fibre from an animal that was created for that purpose is a perfect full circle. Win ~ win.




No comments: