Monday, January 22, 2018

Ice
Cork boots and slow steady walk
This is farm life right.
Today I was looking to see if we still had a grain feeder as I could not remember if the cows had wrecked it. I found it peaking out through the snow, so it will have to wait until we have good thaw before I can use it. Instead I gathered black round bins five of them to use for grain for the sheep. I only put a handful of grain in each one and will now wait to see if they find where I put the bins. Once they know it will be good to go.


This winter we decided to feed round bales. I for sure would rather use square bales but I have little help getting the square bales here to the farm. The bonus to using round bales is super simple in the summer I love it. However, the downfall is hard to feed in the winter with the snow, rain and I find quite a bit of waste. So far, this winter I have wrecked two pitch forks from hard to handle round bales.

This past weekend we had our two grandchildren come over for one of the days and visit us while their mom and dad played hockey. Our oldest grandson has a nasty bug and was not feeling well and the littlest this was her first time being with us without her Mom. She did really well I was worried how it was going to be, but she was happy.



No comments: