Saturday, February 24, 2007

Good Morning

What a great day lies ahead... how is that for positive thinking
Have you ever had a night where every thing is done you don't have to go any where, you don't have to sit in an arena, you don't have to visit and be polite making small talk, and what do I do nothing absolutely nothing, nothing got accomplished I was tired and I was in bed by 10:15 or so. Little kids camped in the living room and had a friend over so he could go to the auction today. My older son, husband went to the hockey game and my oldest daughter went to a birthday party so only half of the kids were home.
Last evening around supper we sorted goats and sheep to those who were not having babies and loaded them for the auction. That is very hard to do I have a lot of problem with the parting part of farming but I won't be able to take them all down in one load so that is the first. The trips down won't happen fast as were are waiting on lambing and kidding and then wait a few weeks more after that. It will be very hard to part with the sheep most of them were born here and if I could find a never ending supply of hay I would keep them all. We have now 6 cows and a new horse so they eat as much or more than the sheep and goats. As soon as we have grass and less livestock my new Angora goats can come.
Have a great day

No comments: