Monday, February 19, 2007

The sounds on the farm this morning were very Spring like; the rooster was crowing they were so happy scratching around picking up corn (just like the Cinderella movie). The new baby calf was mooing he sounded just like he had a great big toad stuck in his throat. The Emu lets out a deep thump from his chest and you can hear it all over the property. The new baby horse has found the other miniature horses so they were calling each other and yes even the crows are back. Today I gathered up all the boards around the ice rink then cut them with the power saw and my oldest son put them in the green house to dry ready for when I start planting. However I will have to repair the green house the wind has caught the plastic and my neighbors son has not got a good aim and put three or four holes in the plastic.
The front yard is raked now we just have to gather up the piles, we picked up any garbage the dogs got so we are slowly winning.
I have started to knit a lovely orange and green bamboo shawl the colours are very fall like. So it will be nice to see how this turns out. Have a wonderful night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it is already spring there. We just had another snow fall yesterday and woke up to -10 degrees celcius. The sun is starting to come out here, we haven't seen the sun in way too long. It is amazing how different you feel when the sun comes out, it is like it just lifts up your spirits.
You kids look lovely. Did you all get your mail. I sent two letters, one for the kids and the one for you.
I miss you. Love your favorite neice.