Saturday, January 19, 2008

I have decided I am totally lacking in taking pictures just no time lately. Last night we had a mixed night one of my son's in Princeton in a tournament, two kids at the hockey game in town, one made some very lovely cards, one rolled around played games and ate all night that would be the youngest one who was tired but would let himself go to bed and now he is regretting it because he has to be at the arena at 5am. Then my youngest daughter was full of piss and vinegar all night malling her dad making him have a party with her with hot chocolate ice cream and cookies then pulled out the cards and made him play cards!
My dad gave us a bucket of firewood and some of it was Fir full of pitch it is amazing just like gas so we have to keep it separated and only put one piece in at ta time and it smells so good. It reminds me of the bush when I was little we would go to work with my dad he was a logger and my mom would make us a picnic in a brown paper box always had a cucumber and chocolate bars. we would have a little knife and cut the cucumber and pour salt on it Usually we would make sandwiches and sometime in the winter hot dogs. Anyway the point about the fire is the smell there is a certain smell of fire that brings back all these wonderful memories. I just love it and then sometimes when my husband brings the logging truck home loaded the smell of the trees is wonderful. There are certain fires just calling for a marshmallow or a hot dog. Well as much as I would love to tell you more memories I have to be at the arena so I can hide behind my knitting as it stress me out way to much to watch my little goalie who has now run 90 miles at school.

No comments: