Monday, January 07, 2008

Today was a good day a lot done, a little fun and the sun was shining. The temperature dropped last night and it was very cold this morning but by 10am it was still cold but very beautiful and sunny. After I got back from town this morning I cooked supper for the evening the kids have to it by 4pm for hockey, did some dry grad stuff, cleaned, laundry, then I went snow shoeing for my first time. Let me tell you it is no easy task I put the snow shoes on inside because I had never done it before so it took away to figure them out then I had to get outside down the stairs which really is no big deal if you don't have a 150lb dog sitting on the back of your snow shoe smiling up at you. After nearly falling on my face I made it over to our two border collies untied them and off for a walk. It is hard to get used to snow shoeing not very lady like. So I went off in the hunt for deep snow; I marched to the back of our property ran into a coyote who was not afraid of us so I had to keep an eye on him the snow is so loud as it is icy, it crunches so loud very un-relaxing and then it gets quite steep up back again no big deal if I did not have Cowboy walking on the back of my snow shoes the whole way up!
It was really quite fun and I hope to get time again soon.
I actually lucked out I was ready to go to hockey just going out the door when my son said he would take the drive my oldest daughters boyfriend home because he was off to the arena to work anyway. So I got to stay home catch up on my books but by looking at the time now I must go to bed no time to start a project sometimes the days are just not long enough but there is always tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

speaking of snow shoeing- we saw this lady running from around a corner on the golf course- from nowhere- in snow shoes!
i hated her.