Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yesterday we went to Kamloops after my husband went to work we bought groceries, chapters, and Micheals it was very quick but fun. We then stayed in town until after 11pm for hockey. Today was a full day of games 3 in a row in town and my oldest son is playing in Armstrong for a tournament. He phoned and sounded quite sad or not really sad just down they had won their game and my son got 3 goals but instead of being pleased with his effort he over heard some parents talking about him. Part of me wants him to walk up to them and ask them what they said right out I am sure they didn't mean for him to hear but he is just a kid and is intimidated by them. No matter what he does is not good enough if he has an opinion, and idea or is excited about something the kids say your a show off you think your good, if he isn't excited or low key they say he does not care about the team or as one person put whats they matter you play one game for Sicamos and your to good for your team now and that was because he said hi in the way of HEY. I could continue but it makes me angry and I am the first to say my kids are not perfect but NO ONE is in this world ... Oh of course the few who think they are Gods gift to the world. I think people forget that one day these kids will grow up and I hope he gets the courage to tell these very ignorant people what he thinks of them. I would never ever go to the arena and put down someones kid down kids are damned if they do or damned if they don't. I wanted to go ever there so bad but we would not have made it in time for his game I truly hate rep parents and I vow never to be one.
I have still been sorting out craft stuff and little more to do, and at the arena I continued working on my blanket it will be very beautiful. Well I should get ready for bed have a Great night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sad truth about human nature is to be jealous of another's success.

There will always be greater and lesser persons than yourself and whether it is clear to you or not the universe is unfolding as it should.
while v heartbreaking for your son to endure such ignorance- in the end he will have gained inner strength

Anonymous said...

If it is any consolation Gig. Parents have been like that
since your oldest brother played hockey. I still can't stand them, even though they seem to have forgotten & try to be great friends now.
He will survive & has our wonderful family to support him.
Re. a sign that I saw in Pr G. near a golf course.
SMILE it's just a game!!!
Tell that to some of these parents.They are pathetic..
Your kid"s greatest fan. OMA.