Monday, October 27, 2008

Miss Princess


Princess is doing such a good job raising all the pups. She loves Star just like she is her own.
Today my daughter and I unloaded a whole truck load of fire wood. It was awesome my dad had cut it for us so I brought it down yesterday. I don't think it will last us long though I burnt a lot of wood today. Then we did a major amount of laundry, went for a walk, tried to put stronger wire up to keep the bob cat and my dads dogs out of the chickens. Had puppy cuddles several times today.
Let me tell you about my very blond moment. We came in from outside we had been out for several hours with the firewood chores etc. I decided I needed a cup of tea as I had my coffee quota of three cups...I did mention intravenous coffee would be so much better.

So I grabbed the kettle filled it with water turned the stove onto high then grabbed the phone to check up on my husband as he leaves at 1:30 am and I like to check he is still on the right side of the road. And during all this I am baking cookies. So I notice the stove is very red hot I go to rearrange the kettle when it it hits me AHHHHHH it is an electric kettle. So I have hot plastic melting on my lovely black smooth top stove. Damn I grab the kettle turn off the stove thinking now what I then salvage my cookies. So my $80 plus kettle is in the garbage. I go to our wood stove grab my stove top kettle decide to clean it look all over for Vinegar but nope non left used it all to dye wool. So the other kettle is now cooking on top of my stove boiling away boiling... boiling...boiling... away. I wonder if I have left it long enough. It is so hot I grab a glove make my nice great big mug of tea. Meanwhile I am still dealing with cookies I shout to Nan that their is hot water to come have tea. Then OMG it hits me I was boiling bleach water and lots and lots of bleach!!!!and I had made tea. Then I had invited my daughter in for tea. Will I ever get it right! Finally after several hours of taking the scenic route for my tea it was the best tea I had ever had. So after I had nearly started a fire, nearly poisoned my daughter and I, I realized maybe multi tasking is not such a good idea. Tonights episode of making my tea went much smoother.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a terrible story of Tea gone Bad! I cringed through the whole blog.