Sunday, October 19, 2008

Playing with Fire

I always tell my kids don't play with fire
I don't think they heard me:)
It was quite warm our night on the beach.
Today disaster struck. It has a funny way of finding us. Again my dad's dog got into the animals my mom and dad were only gone about an hour for supper to my brothers in that time the dogs got into our two big turkeys and killed. It was quite sad you sure can loose heart fast around here. So most of my morning was cleaning feathers do you know how many feathers come out of two turkeys. Then we had hockey, time keeping and my daughter had to go to works which is not big deal except we are juggling vehicles all the time. Then you know I have talked about our two little dogs having puppies Princess has 5 and Lavender had one. Well, tonight Lavender had to go pee so we put her out and then put Princess out so we could vacuum up around their cages. They are horrible messy eaters. Well when we went to go get them Sam said he could not find Lavender. I told him she could not be far we just put her out. So he called again... nope. He got Dalt and they found her drowned in our pond. Oh my goodness I could not believe it we grabbed her out but we were too late. It broke my heart she was so tiny and such an unbelievable mom. So after the initial shock wore off now what to do with Star that's her puppy. So we went out to the barn to find bottles, we milked the goat but she could not drink out of the bottle or syringe. She would just choke so we had to decide and we put her in with Princess. Princess has 5 puppies already but she lost one so Dalt counted her nipples 6. So we will give that a go. The only problem is she is quite skinny. Then what do we do with Starr at night when it is cold...on and on the worries keep coming. Why did I ever wonder why stress is so popular around here. I will keep you posted on the puppy development

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! we are so sorry to hear about Lavender drowning in the pond. That is very very sad. Koa is beside me wanting to know the details. I hope little baby puppy makes it. Very sad stories!
What a waste of good turkeys.
Bad Dogs!