Friday, June 19, 2009


This weekend is the first day of summer. WooHoo. Summer Solstice. We always try to do something fun. However this year I am missing my oldest son and my husband. They are down at the coast doing hockey. So tomorrow we hope to visit Kamloops. Go to Art Knaps I have a 40% off gift certificate off one thing. Our dinner is going to be Broccoli soup, biscuits, mud pie cake. Our projects not too sure.
Allan went off to the auction today we sold fourteen goats and ten roosters. So that said it was a full load. It was a little hard putting the cattle rack on the new truck but he did it.
We took Sam out of school early today. I had to go back to town to pick up my oldest daughter from work. While I was in town I took Lulu to the vet for a check up. She is good her feet are sore. I could tell she was hurting but it wasn't until I was waiting to take her in to see the vet that I really looked at her feet. The poor girl has the pads of her feet wore off with little cuts. The look like if we were to pull a blister off raw. It is from not being outside before and walking on the hard ground and our gravel. The poor thing no wonder I have to keep her packing her around. So tonight we played with her on the grass and in the hay field and she was fine. She avoids any gravel. I found an old carpet and put in on the gravel for her to lay on.
The vet told me to keep her on the thin side not to let her get heavy. So she will be a slow grower and to help her when she is older with any problems with hips. Not a problem but I think she helped her new friend eat his dinner.
Make great memories this weekend. Take pictures. Do a project.
Think! What are you going to do For your Summer Solstice Celebration!
It is getting very late so I will say goodnight.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

freshisle said...

Poor Lulu. Pads do heel fairly quickly, I think. She's adorable!