Monday, June 08, 2009


Today we left home quite early to take the kids to school and to drop off Miss Hyacinth so she could go camping with her school.Then we picked up Savannah and went to Kamloops. Allan had to pick up parts for the truck and it is a good thing we went today. He had the truck apart and someone phoned him to ask if he wanted to work. Which Is Very Cool!
I spent the afternoon watering plants, laundry and putting clothes away in my room.
I did go for a walk this evening. I actually went quite late. I was quite enjoying my walk it felt so good to go again. THEN....I had to meet up with a damn snake. I hate, hate, hate snakes I would have cried if I thought it would have done me any good. I was trying to figure out how to get by it without it seeing me. Then I thought what if it chases me... the tricky little sod tried to camouflage like the road. So I manage to tip toe by it and while doing that I became very jumpy even the music notes on my itouch made me jump. I was so busy being scared I nearly stepped on a dead snake. Then you know you can not trust those snakes. I thought what if he comes alive again... So I went to the end of my walk and then I had to go by it all over again. I was so desperate it actually crossed my mind to flag down the next truck. So guess what the damn snake was now in the middle of the road. I felt sick tiptoed and ran at the same time... pathetic I know...blame my sisters.
On that note I am off to bed have a wonderful night.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jane said...

I hate snakes too!!!!The last 2 walks at mums[she lives on a farm in the country] i have seen them,yuc yuc,yuc.They are tiger snakes, big, black and poisonous.i dont think my poor fat body had ever run so fast as the last time we saw one as we had 2 toddlers with us and we just picked them up and ran............................

Jane said...

ps if you ever get a chance to go windsurfing,its lots of fun.Your phots were great.looked like acool holiday.

Anonymous said...

Now Jane has something to be scared about! The words 'big' and 'poisonous' are a good indication not to mess with that snake. Were your snakes big and poisonous too Gig? ;-) Just teasing.... :-)

Sunflower Farm and Petit Creek Lavender said...

You can't be too careful with those damn snakes. Poisonous you never know. It has to have some type of poison to make me shudder in my shoes and try not scream. Tiger snakes I am not even going to look... OMG what good are snakes anyway