Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Anyone for cake?

When my daughter feels like baking we get some awesome desserts.

Today we left home at seven fifteen dropped kids off at the bus then headed into town. We then met my husband and headed off to Kamloops. We had four wisdom teeth removed and all in all it went fine. My daughter did fine a little sore now but nothing too bad. The medicine makes her groggy. She has three types of medicine to take Penicillin, some type of steroid, and a pain killer.
The weather was still quite nice not as much wind today which was nice. It would be nice if the snow melted and the ground dried up a bit for kidding time.
I had my son and his friend carry my wonderful display cabinet into my glass room. It is not an ideal place for it. It is quite large six feet long and twenty six inches wide. The water that was running off the house is starting to wreck it even though I had it covered. However I know I will make it beautiful. I am going to re stain it with a gel stain. Not sure what kind I should use like oak etc. I will ask my mom in the morning. When I go get groceries in the morning I will grab some stain. I am going to get a piece of glass for the top of the cabinet. Then the cabinet can double as a work table with the bonus of a beautiful display inside. I will take before and after photo's.
I am totally inspired to make an altered book. A how to book on the subject was my reading material while at the surgery today. Now I just need to find an old hard back book to use. I know I will have a lot of trouble cutting up the book. I love books.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: