Saturday, December 13, 2008

A very Wintry hello. Winter has found us and it is cold. I hope you are all warm. I won't be going to far a field until it warms up. I need to keep the fire going. However the next week is incredibly busy. We have regular hockey and practices. But, add in singing concerts, band concerts, baking for schools, avid school dinners, hockey tournaments and not to mention regular Christmas preparations.
Today has not gone as planned but it is working out. It all started yesterday when my husband was delayed several hours getting out of the bush as a truck went in the ditch ahead of him. So anyone loaded behind me him could not dump. However the mill opened for them to unload this morning. That put us behind this morning for hockey so we had to juggle pull in favors to get our kids to hockey. We have Kamloops, Penticiton and Logan Lake and home today for hockey. My husband switched vehicles at the arena and my purse with money and driving license is over two hours away in the van. I just came home instead of doing my planned stuff in town. So we still have two birthday parties to deal with today. Me I am just staying home now keeping the fires going. On a good note my husband is picking up the computer. I have had total Picture withdrawal. 
Yesterday I drove the truck into town to pick up my daughter from work. I also had wanted to get some pellets for our pellet stove in case this cold spells last. I bought a ton of pellets this will be our second ton. In the midst of this we heard a funny noise from our truck and looked back to see our tire blowing bubbles. So we figured that can't be good tried to phone my husband but he was dealing with being behind the truck in the ditch. I could not get hold of my dad. So we just took it to the tire shop and they said yes but a 45 minute wait. That meant trying to get hold of home so Dad could pick up the kids from the bus. However when I told them my phone number and they figured out who my husband was I only had a ten minute wait. See the bonus of having paid them six thousands dollars and owning 30 tires on one rig:) 
Well I am off to make something maybe a garland before I head outside. With any luck photo's soon!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Larry is going to Toronto in Jan. then BC for 2 weeks for a work trip.I forced him to watch the snow scenes of Dr Zhivago so he would get a feel for the cold.He says that was not helpful but he can remember the cold and knows he his not prepared............gloves are on the Christmas list.Presents almost wrapped here even tho today it is 35c and does not feel Christmassy.I am looking forward to swimming and lots of cold champagne.My stupid printer is down,I agree with what you say re technology,no Christmas letter started yet.............aaah