Wednesday, December 31, 2008

waiting waiting waiting


I am waiting for this boy to get home. He left at 4:15am in a swirling, blowing snow storm. He went all the way up to Rogers Pass to Golden for work today. He phoned me at 5pm they were filling up with gas in Revelstoke. Oh the waiting... I hate waiting. He is only fourteen.
My husband has gone into town to pick up his logging truck. He left it at the mill until the roads froze. He washed it as it is to be inspected on Saturday so it needs as little mud and snow as possible. When he washed the truck he weighed it before and after. After chiseling snow, mud and ice for over three and half hours it took off 4,ooo pounds of weight. Is that not amazing!
We have quite a bit of snow here now. We have some great snow piles for the kids to play on. The ice is clear just no kids to play on it. My two younger kids had a sleep over last night then went out to toboggan for the day. They still are not home. Sam phoned and wanted another sleep over I usually say yes . But now I just want them all home.
I hope you are all having a nice New Years Eve. Let it be safe and fun. I will talk to you all tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although from different places, but this perception is consistent, which is relatively rare point!